Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Nail Salon Review: My Dashing Diva Pedixperience at Glorietta 2

Dashing Diva is a nail salon popularly known for their good nail products and services. I've been to dozens of nail salons in the past but I have never tried a foot spa or pedicure in this place. I am very meticulous when choosing where to get my pedicure because my toenails are weak and the skin around them is thin and prone to bleeding. I even got infected toenails thrice because of carelessness and I had to undergo surgery to remove the ingrown nail. After the third surgery, I already abstained from pedicures of any kind and I only cut my toenails straight across. Three years have passed and I still ignore nail salons that I happen to pass by. But just yesterday, while I was buying something at Beauty Bar, the fancy pink color and nice ambiance of Dashing Diva caught my attention. Initially, I only intended to know the services offered as well as the pricelist. But the curious cat got to me again. Realizing how tired my feet were yesterday, I chose to avail the Spoiled Diva Pedicure. Is it worth all the hype? Read more to find out...


The place is cozy and organized.

There is a designated area for all their nail polishes for ease of access.

I saw this on the reception area and I really appreciate it that they prioritize their client's feet and nail welfare, hehe...

Warning: The succeeding pictures may disgust you. Not for the faint of stomach....hehe...



(Please excuse my man-like foot) First, the nail technician (Nancy) applied Dashing Diva's signature cuticle remover which appears like a clear syrup followed by their own cuticle eraser which reminds me of a foot lotion in a tube. She then massaged these on my toenails before she started cleaning them. (Sorry, I wasn't allowed to take pictures of their own products).

After the initial cleaning of my toenails, she then put a callus softener on a cling wrap and wrapped it around my foot for easy scrubbing.

She then continued to clean my toenails while letting the solution soak in.

I was impressed by how light-handed Nancy was. I did not feel any pain at all but I could see that she has removed all the dirt and dead skin on and under my nails.


I wasn't able to take a picture but after she was done with the cleaning, she removed the cling wrap and scrubbed my feet with the "sander" as what they call it. It wasn't like the normal callus remover I've seen in other nail salons. It looks more like a round laundry brush with handle on top but instead of bristles, it uses a detachable and disposable "pumice-like" thing that gently removes all the dead skin and callus under the foot. She then applied a salt-like scrub on my legs and used a vibrating massager which reminded me of a clarisonic brush. Finally, she rinsed my feet and legs with warm water and applied cuticle oil on my toenails. 

After the foot scrub, she gently massaged my feet and legs. It felt good!

I then chose this gel nail polish, Sage Scarf, out of all the swatches. She applied a base coat, three coats of this polish, and finished off with a top coat.

This one really amazed me. They have a drying station too! This is where you put your feet under the rounded counter table and boy, I was surprised to feel the air coming out and blowing on my feet. It was like putting my hand under a dryer!


My Verdict:

I give this nail salon a 5 out of 5. The place, the technician, and the service were all good. Price is also fair enough. They even have combo packages if you want to avail a manicure and pedicure service for a much lower price. I highly recommend it to people who are looking forward to pampering their tired hands and feet without the pain but with the comfort that they truly deserve.







No comments:

Post a Comment