Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sugar, A Natural Source of Glycolic Acid

We all know that sugar is derived from sugar cane which is a natural source of glycolic acid. Glycolic acid is the gentlest of all the AHAs like citric acid(citrus fruits), lactic acid(milk), malic acid(apples), acetic acid(vinegar) and so on and so forth. These acids are known to exfoliate the skin and hasten skin renewal and regeneration. However, products which contain these ingredients in varying amounts may also contain chemicals that could harm our skin. So, after doing various research on the internet and doing a mix and match of products on myself, I came up with this cleansing habit. Every night after removing makeup with sunflower oil, I mix white refined sugar with my favorite cleanser on my hands until I couldn't feel the granules and then I wash my face in circular motion. I don't clean my face with the granules since I have very sensitive sin and I'm allergic to all types of facial scrubs whether organic or commercially made. I also tried muscovado sugar but I prefer the white sugar. They have the same effect on my face but the muscovado sugar takes longer time to melt with the cleanser. After two weeks, here is the result: I have two cystic pimples from using BB cream and these have shrunk in size. The texture is smoother and not as oily as before. no new breakouts...Still experimenting on other organic solutions...will update soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment