Sunday, July 28, 2013

VMV Hypoallergenics Product Reviews

VMV Hypoallergenics is a well known brand here and abroad. Their products claim to be "hypoallergenic" but this doesn't necessarily mean that the most sensitive skin will have no reaction or whatsoever to it. Being born with a skin that's so hard to please, I became intrigued and curious about their products. Despite of being pricey, I took the risk and road tested some of their best sellers. 

Here's my verdict:

1. VMV Illuminants+ Primary Brilliance Cream
This cream is non greasy and is easily absorbed by the skin. But one should take caution to use it gradually for at least 8 weeks as per the instruction in the box. It claims to give the skin a microdermabrasion effect since it contains kojic, glycolic, and phytic acid among others. Well, all I can say is that I wasn't expecting so much from this since I've been countlessly disappointed by pricey ones that do not deliver. However, this one is truly effective as well as pricey. It's just good that I got it with a discount so I paid less than the original price. There was a slight stinging sensation at first but then it disappears in a while. It doesn't whiten the skin,but rather, illuminates it with a certain glow just like a post peel effect. Skin becomes translucent and even. Some of my pimple marks (I only have a few) gradually lightened although they didn't vanish completely. Highly recommended.




2. VMV Essence Skin Saving Glycerin Soap
I really love this soap. I didn't exactly buy this but I got in exchange for the liquid foundation that I returned to them because it's the wrong shade and they have no stock for months already. My sin became soft and glowing which amazed me because it doesn't claim to whiten the skin. Everytime I use this, I can feel that my skin is soft, even, and glowing. The only downside is that it melts easily so I cut it in many pieces so it could last me for days and weeks. I've tried so many soaps but this one doesn't give me the small red patches that I usually get when using other soaps.




3. VMV Fine Finish Pore Minimizer Toner
Another one of my favorites. Got this together with the glycerin soap which I have no intention of buying. I'm not a fan of toners and astringents because they tend to overdry my sensitive and oily skin. At first use, I was skeptical because it has a strange smell and leaves a tight feeling on my face. Maybe because of the alcohol. So I let it dry and I did not apply anything on my face not even powder. At the end of the day, I observed that my skin looks clear and less oily. Ever since I used this, my oily skin became manageable and I don't need to blot with oil sheets to keep my oilies at bay. Will definitely repurchase.




4. VMV Essence Skin Saving Superwash Hair+Body Milk Shampoo
I don't like this much. This works like a clarifying shampoo with a hint of detergent scent. It makes my hair dry and hard to comb. I also used this as a body wash and it didn't work for me. It dried out my skin. I'll definitely will be using this once a week as a clarifying shampoo and after I finish with this one, I'll try the Clark Superwash. It is SLS free unlike this one which contains SLS.




5. VMV Armada SPF 45
I don't like this too. Leaves a white cast on my face and hard to blend. Good thing it is fragrance free and paraben free.


6. VMV Armada SPF 30
Much thinner in consistency and easier to blend. Good for oily skin. But don't apply much because it could also leave a whitish cast.


Update:

In addition to the above- mentioned VMV products, below are other VMV products that I've tried:


7. VMV Illuminants Face, Hand and Body Lotion
This is much thicker in consistency and less concentrated than the Illuminants Treatment Cream. So, I suppose it is also milder. I can apply this on my face but not on my neck. I developed rashes upon applying it on my neck.



8. Grandma Minnie's The Big, Brave Boo Boo Balm
I bought one of this to help with insect bites. It soothes itchiness, rashes and burns. However, I find it too expensive and less effective than HHN Sunflower Beauty Oil for itchiness and Centella gel for wounds and burns. And it is also sticky. But I can recommend it for babies with super sensitive skin.I also hate it when it melts when the weather is hot making it messier to apply and put it in my bag.

9. VMV Illuminants Axilight
I've read a lot of raves as to its efficacy in whitening underarms while controlling odor and perspiration. But I hate this. It doesn't suit me. I developed an allergic reaction from this and even darkened my underarm. So I just gave it away.

10. VMV Superskin Spring Fresh Oil Free Nourisher
This is VMV's best selling moisturiser for oily skin. It has a subtle scent which reminds me of coconut oil. It is non greasy and I've tried using it on my face and hands. It did not break me out but it still made me a bit oily after an hour or two. I also find it expensive for a moisturiser and there is no significant improvement on my face while using this.

11. VMV Velvet Matte Lipstick 
I have this in Fireclay. Smells and tastes like clay. The color is rich but it easily fades. You need to reapply often.




There are still lots of VMV products I'd like to try but I'm still waiting for a sale so if they don't work well for me, at least I paid less than the price. Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment